#beatonsbod: Laura - the literary owl of Blandford

Beatons Bod:  Laura Ellerton

What's your favourite edible or drinkable from our menu?
 A Double Espresso and Gluten Free Chocolate Brownies are my idea of a practically perfect start to any day...in fact, just writing this is making me feel hungry for one of them right now! 

What is your favourite book and why?
As a Child, The Magician's Nephew by CS Lewis, as a Teenager, As I Walked Out One Midsummer Morning by Laurie Lee, as a Twenty-something, What Was Lost by Catherine O'Flynn and currently, When Will There Be Good News by Kate Atkinson.  As you can see, I've struggled to choose just one, but if this article persuades you to pick up and read any one of the Books mentioned above, you'll understand why I've recommended them. Each of Them are examples of Storytelling at its absolute best. 

Which of the ways we like to go about things at Beatons means most to you and why?
I'm extremely proud of working at Beatons and feel that we really know how to make each and every one of our Customers feel special. We take our time, treat everyone as an individual and create a little haven of calm and elegance in our Tea Rooms, which is very much needed during hectic and busy Christmas Shopping Weeks! 

If you were an animal, bird or creeping creature what would you be and why?
I'm going to say an Owl...  As one of the more 'mature' (Older!) Members of Staff here at Blandford, I hope my extra years of book-selling and catering experience can be useful to pass on to younger Beatons' Owlets!  Plus, I'm not sure it truly qualifies me as a 'Wise Owl', but I'm partial to a Crossword, episode of University Challenge and Pub Quiz or two. Competitive? Moi?! 

What - outside work - makes your skin tingle?
Spending Quality time with my Daughters, visiting Art Galleries, Live Music and Comedy Concerts, Literary Festivals, Scandinavian Crime Boxsets, Lazy Beach Days in the Summer (we're so lucky here in Dorset!) and every now and again, appreciating a quality bottle of Sauvignon Blanc...