#beatonsbod: Jessie - monkeying around in Blandford!

Beatons Bod: Jessie Livingstone

What's your role and what do you like best about your job?
Hi, I am Jessie, I am part of the front of house team in Blandford. I started in February so am still ‘new’ to everything, but am enjoying being here so far, everyone is so welcoming and friendly. I love meeting new customers and I have just started to recognise the regulars.

What's your favourite drink or edible from our menu?
I am enjoying trying all of the teas here at Beatons, so far I think my favourite has to be the Rosehip and Hibiscus, I find it refreshing and not too sweet but still has a lovely fruity twang, perfect for a relaxing afternoon.
Food wise, I am going to have to be a bit naughty and opt for the very decadent fruit sundae, packed full of tangy fruit and delicious ice cream, it looks amazing too!

And how about your favourite book from our shelves?
To be honest, I am not a natural reader, and I find it hard to sit quietly reading a book! However, there are some amazing cook books that have definitely caught my eye, such as ‘Grow you own, Eat your own’ as the idea of using your own resources really appeals to me.

Which of the ways we like to go about things at Beatons means most to you and why?
I love the fact that we are trained to be Attentive to our customers, after all, it is how I would like to be treated if I go out to eat. And I think this is something that appeals to all people and will ensure that our lovely customers want to return!


If you were an animal, what would you be and why?
I would love to be a monkey, swinging in trees, getting to see the most amazing views from the tree tops. Like monkeys who tend to stay in groups, I love being with my group of friends.