#beatonsbod: Harry - Tisbury's Top Cat!

Beatons Bod: Harry McGookin
What's your role and what do you like best about your job?
Hi I’m Harry Mcgookin and Manager of Tisbury Tearooms. I'm also the main cook here. I’ve been with the business since it first started and I love making food that customers really enjoy.

What's your favourite edible or drinkable from our menu?
The lamb and lentil stew is my favourite hot dish and the scones are my favourite sweet treat.

And how about your favourite book from our shelves?
The fun is in the discovering! No particular one, but there are some great cooking books, and I'm a fan of the geography and history sections.

Which of the ways we like to go about things at Beatons means most to you and why?
Gracious hospitality because it’s all about the personal attention that I try to give every customer that comes through the door - whether it be through giving my dishes the personal touch, or me helping front of house and greeting customers coming in.

If you were an animal, bird or creeping creature what would you be and why?
I would love to be a cat. Because it’s not very often I get to be lazy and chill out, now that I am Managing Tisbury's Tearoom!

Can you share a practical tip for our online audience?
Yes! Before putting scones in the over make sure the mixture is as cool as it can be, because it helps them to rise better.

What - outside work - makes your skin tingle?
I play tennis so I'm always trying to improve my game and looking forward to a few tournaments.