#beatonsbod: Paul, our Musical Cat from Crowthorne!

A snapshot on the first
day of getting the keys!
Who are you and - if you're part of the team - do you like/do you think you'll like best about your job? 
I'm Paul Mitchell and am greatly enjoy welcoming people to the best tearoom in Berkshire! 

What's your favourite edible or drinkable from our menu? 
I tend to pick from whatever the specials are on a particular day. Recently I’ve enjoyed the home made lasagne and chilli.  Drinks wise, I’m a big fan of the variety of teas we serve so I keep trying new ones when they are added to the tea menu.

And how about your favourite book from our shelves? 
My favourite book from the shelves changes all the time! I’m looking forward to browsing a copy of Cecil Beaton's biography - when time allows...

Which of the ways we like to go about things at Beatons means most to you and why?  
Providing gracious hospitality is my particular forte, as I believe that having a customer leave delighted is a sure way to get them to return.  We can buy a hot drink in any number of places so it's the experience they take away - Beatons know how to make it restorative.

If you were an animal, what would you be? 
A cat. It’s a sure fire way to be spoilt rotten by the right owner. The idea of having nine lives also holds a certain allure.

What do you like most about the most important person (or pet) in your life? 
What I appreciate most about my wife is that she's so creative, loving and loyal. I'm less creative!